Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Not enough hours in a day

Ok, so the game was a debaucle at best. We decided to start with our best players, and they certainly did not quite look like our best. We had approximately 20 unforced errors, from serves into the net to mis-hits. Not the best way to lose by any means. Although on a good note, 6 boys stayed after to practice more because we were so disgusted with the loss. The impromptu practice went well, but it wasn't until 8:15 when someone finally said "Coach, I'm tired" that we finally decided to call it a night. It was quite the team building practice. This morning, most everyone showed up, and we had a practice that was quite the same. Skill building, skill building, skill building. We have another coach to help us, too, but it seems like Kim and I are spearheading the team.

By "Not enough hours in a day", I mean that I was awake at 6am yesterday, and stayed at school until 8:30pm, finally staggered in the door at 9:15pm, begged a few people to give me a shoulder massage as I was in dire pain, and as nobody cared enough to do so, I went to bed in tears (kidding) over my pain. Felt much better when I woke up. Now, this is ok... FOR NOW. What about when I am teaching 2 or 3 classes, and I need time to prep lessons?? There is no way I can come home at 8:30 and then spend another hour or two planning lessons when I am so dead. What's a guy to do? It is hard with a team that is so dedicated. And there comes a time when a teacher has to realize that there are a thousand ways to give your time away, and a thousand people who would gladly take it. You have to pick the spots where you can, and still leave yourself enough time to survive.

I'm yawning now. Spacing out... need more sleep. Perhaps I can sneak another lunchtime nap in there somewhere... Tomorrow I am leaving for Outdoor School, so I wont have an update until like Friday sometime. So essentially, this is my last class this week today. In fact, I'm going to look up some canoeing notes so that I feel prepared to teach that.

Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home