Friday, September 01, 2006

Mr. B will be just fine

That's how I responded to my first ever question as a teacher. "Will Mr. B be okay?" - "Mr. B will be just fine". It also appears that a small group of girls has developed a crush on me. They constantly look and point at me when they think I am not looking, and then giggle when I look in their direction. I guess people told me it would happen. Maybe they're just laughing because I am wearing a tie and nobody else is...

Umm... my first class went fine, and I was not nervous at all. I think I fed on all of their nervousness and realized that I'm trained for teaching but they're not trained for grade 9 really, so I was more qualified to be where I am. They seemed to take in what I was saying, and responded well to my requests and were dead quiet. Hopefully, they'll all learn keyboarding well, and I can focus my efforts on the classes where I have to learn the material beforehand. Oh... by "went fine" I mean that half the class couldn't log on due to name/password issues, and some students insisted on picking their own passwords instead of letting me assign them. Today, will be mostly housekeeping with trying to get these students logged on to the computers and then we will get to keyboarding F and J and SPACE BAR... even on a blank screen. I mean, do you really need your monitor on to practice keying home row? No, you know when you made a mistake anyway.

Anyway, 8:15, gotta go prep.

Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home