Friday, August 25, 2006

Awesome!

So, the seminar is now over. Possibly 2nd to the item of building a relationship and open communication lines with our Co-op was the hot topic of the overuse of superlatives... like Awesome! (ie. you sign the credit slip and the cashier says "Awesome". is it really Awesome??) Webster's defines awesome as: Inspiring awe, where awe is defined as: an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear, etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like. Therefore, I would have to agree that signing a receipt is not particularly "Awesome".

In any case, today I found out that I have a new pet peeve! Perhaps I can add it to my old pet peeve of bad drivers, however this is a new category. People that are not expedient in the Drive-Thru Banking lane. Oh... my... Lord... For the love of Jaysus, lady, either learn to add quickly in your head, or carry a calculator. And, I don't care how much your kid is screaming, discipline him in a minute's time. Do you know why? Because, my plaid car is behind you and as far as I am concerned, you have 5 seconds to move your car from the time it spits out your card. After that, I am pulling ahead whether you are gone or not. Thanks! Awesome!

Does anyone have any advice for me? I just can not seem to stay awake for an entire day! Lately, it seems, that I always need an afternoon nap. Even more lately, it seems that these naps always turn into 8 hour sleeps, and then I'm up at all hours for no reason. Like... that's not gonna fly come school time, though a short nap after school might help me stay up much later with less sleep overall. Someone once said that an hour of nap time is worth like double what you would need at your actual night's sleep. So if I nap an hour, I only need to sleep 6 to get the 8 required. I do not know for sure.

Today, I bought $35 worth of stuff for my new kitten that I have yet to buy. I guess I have now made a commitment though. My mom asks me why I am buying a kitten when I am going to be moving to Australia. Well... MOM... I have friends and relatives that can help me out in a pinch; even if I have to pay someone, my kitty will not go un-loved!

I start in the classroom on Monday, but we don't have students until Tuesday, September 5th, after Labour Day. Still a long way to go in the grand scheme of things, because in a week, I could plan an entire course of unit outlines and bare-bones lesson plans if i needed to!

But I don't. And I won't. But, I will plan for the first few weeks of what I know I am teaching. So now, time to get to it.

Mr. Benesh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home