Monday, September 25, 2006

Apparently I'm famous?

Well, it would appear that more people are reading this blog than I may have thought. As such, I have allowed comments from anyone and everyone now. However, UNFORTUNATELY, I will have to censor myself somewhat so as to keep the rampant gossip at bay.

Thursday and Friday I was at a seminar for my Digital Internship. I got a lot of good ideas planned, and I can not wait to implement in classroom environments. I think it will add some structure and also fun discussion time to my classes. Even more, it will help students learn about being more connected. I'm really looking forward to the evening, though... So much so, I guess I didn't think my laptop power cord was important, and I left it in the Ed BUilding..........

So ANYWAYS... Friday night was a fricking GONG SHOW. I go to The Pump with Kim (teacher) to meet some other teachers there. I get there 5 mins before happy hour is over, so I pound my first beer to get the next one before 9, and I do it and I'm just stoked. Later, I found out it was 25cents off the regular price. Oh well, it set the tone for the night. Kim and I talk about lots of stuff, and she's great for advice and support, then finally the other teachers get there, mostly SMASHED out of their minds. Immediately there's random (or not so random) hands grabbing my ass. Anyway... over the course of 8:55- 12, i have about 9 drinks (5 beer, 3 shots, 1 cooler/shot) and I am not feeling too hot. Although I'm dancing up a storm (I never dance) with teachers and others alike, I get progressively drunker. I try to drink water to make me feel better. I vomit. I return, dance some more, leave around 1. Return home. Pass out on floor. Vomit in garbage can. Lay in bed, wake up to Dirrty music playing.. . . . I recall random events from the night before, seeing people I know, hugging people, dancing with people.. . . find random pics on my cell phone I forgot taking. Fun stuff!

Anyway... Saturday was rough, because I was still feeling half drunk, and I continued to not drink more water. (My kitten is sitting in my lap right now, she is so cute!) I decide to go out for supper with my friend Natalie. We had some excellent service, and then I tried to make some plans to go out later that evening, but everything fell through, and my stomach decided it could handle no more, so I watched Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers (don't judge me) by myself, and went to bed.

Sunday was super. (Anyone notice I am not talking about school at all?) I finally decide ... "yeah, I'm going to get down to planning some lessons, making sure everything is ready with my Digital Internship stuff, making sure Dragon Naturally Speaking is working ok on my laptop, and just get ready for the new week." OOPS NO POWER CORD. So, I played poker instead and lost $15. What an evening. I did, however, come to some realizations in my love life... or lack of... OOPS, forgot I can't gossip on here anymore because some teachers apparently might be reading this. Hah, almost forgot.

Tomorrow should definitely be fun... I don't know if I can look some teachers in the eyes after my performance on Friday... But, t'is time for bed. Damn cat dander burns my eyes, but I love her so much. Remember: 3 cream, lots of splenda. Why would she tell me what she wants in her tea if she says I really don't have to do that... obviously she wants it. OK, make tea in the morning.

Mr. B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home