Monday, December 04, 2006

3 week block synopsis - 3

Well. My IP group is becoming increasingly insolent, playing games all class, not doing any work, not caring about getting assignments done. Well, that is to say half of them are. They are in that mindset that being dumb is cool. Half the time. ARGH, it makes it SO difficult. They can work so awesomely well one day that you forget about the other five days there were a douchebag. Pardon my mouth, I've been drinking. The girls in that class are great. Except for the one that constantly lies to me telling me she's going to show up to class ALL week and get her stuff done, and then never shows up again. Why am I so gullible to believe her every time? I just believe that there is good in everyone, so I naturally believe what they tell me. Apparently, I have to learn to not let stuff like that get me down.

CCH. Well, hey, they're just grade 9s. So what if they can't spell, read, converse, etc... I've only had one semester with them :P They're getting better, and some wrote some fantastic letters and one page reports. Next class, we're learning how to do a bibliography. Something that everyone needs help on, even me! I like grade 9, because you are so much smarter than them that they really don't question anything you tell them. I like grade 12 because you aren't that much smarter than them, and they DO question everything you tell them! How strange...

Then my grade 10 CPT class. Well, they were more advanced than I could have dreamed, and apparently my co-op teacher in that class said I have given them a very good introduction into flash animation and next year they will be well on their way to designing some really interesting things! I really feel like I did something valuable with them. And I will post their final projects on my website, and post the address when they're done!

And lastly, my Accounting class is going much more smoothly now that everyone has got the hang of the computer program we're using to do Simply Accounting. All I have to worry about now is making up a good evaluation for them, and then I'm set. I am kinda sad to not be teaching it anymore as of Tuesday, but kind of not sad. I will be happy when I'm back down to my two classes, CCH and IP.

However, come Dec. 12-22, I am losing my CCH and picking up my Grade 12 Chem class (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! GRADE 12s!!!!!!!) But I loooooooove Organic Chem, which is what I will be teaching them. And yeah, so I'm pretty stoked about that. I hope I can give them a basic understanding of the nomenclature of Organic molecules. (I'm sure you all sound equally as excited as they will be).

Oh, and I won another $75 at poker on Friday. I am now leading the list of point getters in our little league we have. If I keep this up, I won't even need a real job! Heh.... on that note, I am starting to tutor someone in Chem20 and Physics20. For money. Because I need it. Badly. For Christmas.

Danny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home