Friday, November 17, 2006

3 week block synopsis - 1

Day 1- Kinda stressed, but really prepared going in. I expected my morning to be difficult, having two new classes to teach, and no longer having that 830am prep, but it actually went very smoothly. The kids in my CPT class are very bright, and enjoy using Macromedia flash for animation, so they are very keen at working. It's a class of like 12 computer nerds, so we get along well! haha... oh man. Accounting even went okay, demo-ing Simply Accounting on computers. More on that junk later. So my morning went totally not as expected; I would almost say perfect. My afternoon, however, was not. I was only teaching one class, but it was horrendous. My lesson plan did not suit the students, and as such, I had to severly adapt, and ended up working out "okay". I was excited to have this day done, as I was also starting to get sick. WHY on earth do I have to get sick on my 3-week block? Symptom on Day 1 was sore throat.

Day 2- Less stressed, more excited about getting on to new material. Started off with CPT, and those guys amazed me, yet again. Went on to IPs, working on digital photography, and they worked well. Then I got to Accounting where there were massive computer issues, and one arrogant student spent most of the period laughing at me for the computer issues that were happening, and I mocked him back, because they weren't my fault. Sickness symptom on Day 2 was sneezing. Constant sneezing and spitting.

Day 3- Savior day. Half day for Interviews. I taught CPT, and again, they are amazing. I have to really step up my efforts to challenge them and make their education worthwhile. I also taught my CCHs, and they were the product of what happened on Day 1, but I feel that I cemented their learning and made it worthwhile today. So I was happy with it. Sickness symptom today: stuffy/runny nose.

Day 4- What a great way to end the week! CPTs are insane through the roof awesome. IPs worked diligently, and have to be done after Monday's class, and then I can grade all that jazz. My week-long work package is working out quite well. The benefit of being a Business Ed teacher is that there is no standard curriculum (like Math or English), it is all locally put together in schools, and nobody is looking over your shoulder making sure you are teaching all prerequisites. Anyhow... Accounting... only 40% of my class showed up. Hey, that's 2/5, but still only 40% hehe. However, I WISH the other 3 were there, because it went as smoothly as possible. Yet to teach the last CCH class, last class of the day and of the week, but with the high I am on now, there is no way that it could go badly. Symptom of sickness for today: coughing, leading to sore throat.

Sorry to anyone who read this and found it less exciting than my normal posts. It is the more informational side, in case some intern actually stumbles upon it one day, wondering what a three week block is really like.

I am not going to lie: I purposely gave my IPs a one-week work project, and purposely made my CCH very easy stuff for this week to make my life easier. I would have normally considered that "cheating", but now I know it's just being smart.

Dan

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This blog needs more pictures of your cat. And more information on how awesome the Chicago Blackhawkws are.

4:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home