Saturday, October 28, 2006

Been a long time, been a long lonely, lonely....

I used to say I never could tell when I was drunk. And that was always true. However, lately, with age, I am getting better at knowing when I am drunk. My clue last Saturday was when I decided it would be a good idea to switch clothes with a fellow colleague of mine at the staff Halloween party. So I went there as a cowboy, and came back as a hutterite... or hippy. Or something... with hiking boots. Anyway, thank god for digital cameras (NOT!)

I recently cancelled my superstation package (I can't pay $20/month just for One Tree Hill, I just CAN'T!) However, that leads me to ask if someone else has it, and or wouldn't mind having me over to watch it Wednesdays, and/or tapes it and would lend me the tape?

There are about 47 teaching days left in my internship. WOW! How sick. Time just flies. I would actually not mind coming back to Martin once I have my degree, even if just for a few months before I make my planned leave to Australia (if that ever happens). Every so often, I just start to think that it might be easier just to convocate and get a job and in two years (with proper money management), I'd be debt free, and I could start saving for a house, get a real car, maybe a girl would like me, lol. Occasionally, I just feel like making my first year in Australia would be difficult having to pay for everything mysel... I would come back still in the same amount of debt as when I left (Approximately $40,000). Conversely, I feel that if I didn't go right away, I would never go, and I would miss out on that awesome experience (and possibly having a wife with an Australian accent *drools*). See what happens come convocation time...

Some of you may know I give up my entire Sunday to referee floor hockey. I also play in the league, and I'm really just reffing to simplify things since nobody else wants to. Last week, there were about 2 good games I reffed, and 3 bad games where all I got was flack. Eventually, someone said they were going to complain about me to the commissioner of the league, and I broke down and told them to "DO IT, PLEASE! Do you think I WANT to ref all day for $10/hr to get bitched at all day by 30-somethings who have been in the leage for 15 years?!" Like really... I'm new, but for $10/hr, what do you expect? If you expect more, pay more. This week will be more than really interesting... League meeting, and two very physical games are likely to take place.

School: Going well, coming up to crunch time with 3-week block starting soon. And with volleyball just ending (Don't want to get into it, I'm sad. We lost a very tight game to Miller that we totally could have won). I want to coach hockey, possibly, but I think maybe I should just chill and make the rest of the semester as easy as possible for me. But I really do love coaching. And hockey. *sigh* We'll see how I feel, how much I get planned this weekend, how willing other people are to ref on Sunday so I can have that day to plan, too. Och, aye.

Went shopping for one thing, came back with $220 of food and clothes, and other such stuff needed for school and life. Gonna make Dad pay for it. I need a real job. It's so weird to think that in my first year of teaching, I'm gonna make like $38,000 gross. But I'll get all my taxes back, too. So, I'll have a tax return of some large amount which will feel pretty sweet. And pay off some major debt.

Well, there ya go fans. Another update maybe next weekend.

Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home