Friday, October 06, 2006

GoNgShOw

Well, I had a big post already written, and then the fire drill called us outside, so out I ran with my laptop. Being bored, I started to fiddle, and somehow thought removing the battery would be a fun idea... Well, it sure was, but then my computer shut off. So, I will try to mimic what I wrote, but I lack motivation now...

These last 10 days without blogging have been filled with lots of pain. I have found it hard to write a personal post because I've been so confused with a lot of things. Also, because this is generally supposed to be a school blog (as it IS titled "The Intern"), I felt like nobody would want to know about anything else. And I'm likely right, except nobody wants to know about anything probably. But I want to have some record of these FUN 4 months of internship. ^.^ ... Anyhow, I have been working on my Edublog as opposed to my blogspot, because my Edublog has to be done for my class to use as part of my Digital Internship Project. There has been little time to post, also, because a lot of this week has been testing testing testing out different sites that will suit my purpose. Now that I have found one, this next week should be a blast!

Lately, I've felt that school is about the only thing that makes sense in my life right now. I've been so distraught about a lot of things, particularly my friend situation. I'm busy, they're busy, everyone's busy, and it takes a real friend to get through all that busy-ness and make time for eachother. And that hasn't been happening. It's more like everyone else says "Here's when I'm free. You make time if you want to see me". And with me, it's like "I'm really busy, but I'll always make time for a friend". So, you see how I might end up feeling unappreciated and taken advantage of? Well, I do. Or how about asking someone to do you a favour, and the look on their face is like "Ugh, why would I want to do that?" whereas I don't even wait to be asked, because I'm offering favours! People tell me I'm too giving, and that I will forever feel like I'm being taken advantage of because few people are that giving. I just don't want to believe that. Pay it forward.

On that note, I "broke up" with two friends since my last post. One I was spending too much time with, and she had a boyfriend so that wasn't cool. The other is likely a more confusing and volitile situation, and definitely one that I can't really put into words. Sometimes, its easier to put all the blame on yourself instead of telling the truth to a person. Especially when you know the truth will hurt them to hear and hurt you to say it at the same time. And on that note, here's a riddle! Q: "What is one thing you can't really ask for, or you'll never really get? Answer: _____________________. You tell me, I'll tell you if you're right.

Randy (co-op teacher) and I just completed our first IPP (Internship Placement Profile). They are like teacher ratings and are done throughout the internship placement 1/4 done, 1/2 done, 3/4 done, and then at the end of the placement. I was harder on myself than he was, and initially I thought it was just one of those things where he would feel bad giving me poor marks. But he said, honestly, his interns normally start in the "fair - good" range, whereas I started in the "good - very good" range. He said that he found himself even giving me worse marks than he really thought, just so that it would look like I was improving. He said I was one of the most well-prepared, enthusiastic, and well-trained interns he has ever had. It was hard not to blush, but I was certainly beaming. I think I gave myself worse marks because I always have high standards in life, and even though I may come off as being outstanding in some area, it is sort of a façade, and I know that I can be better internally, I guess? Like I said, school is about the only thing that makes sense at the moment.

School, and floor hockey! Our team had our first games last Sunday (there's 3 mini-games), and we won one and lost two against a pretty good team. It took some of our guys a while to get the rules, and learn the tricks, but once we did, we shone. I now have an income, too, being the referee for the league gets me $300 a month. That's enough for me to live on, and not go more in debt... soooo w00t to that, although that's one less day to plan. And the other downside is my friend Brett has to ref my game, which means that he can scout my team, too. Haha... he's also vengeful and he thought that I reffed his game poorly, so he would ref my game poorly too spite me. I hope that doesn't happen, I was reffing his game legit, no matter what he thinks.

I got my organic chem package (Nic, I still need your book) from an old teacher-friend of mine, Mr. Flegel. He actually inspired me to be a teacher with one single line. Isn't that amazing the power that teachers have? That is one key reason that I chose this profession. I am going to edit it, and make it my own, and then teach it later in the year.

I had to park the Nova *tear* for yet another winter. October 2nd was Nicole's birthday and the Nova's death day. Until she is resurrected next spring. Wow... next spring... like the SAME next spring that I can fricking be a substitute teacher if I want!!! Holy bejeebus.

For thanksgiving, I am going to go to my grandma Annette's in Regina, and then out to my grandma Mary's in Dysart. I will be unreachable, likely, unless I can convince a paranoid lady that by connecting to her internet connection wirelessly, I am NOT stealing her personal information............. some people just don't get it, BUT at least I have the comfort of knowing that future generations just MIGHT with me as their teacher :)

That's all for now. Hope you enjoyed, I have to go to lunch with my fellow teachers. A nice 8" Ham-Pineapple-Feta-BananaPepper pizza awaits me... yummm...

Mr. B

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home