Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Busy few days...

Okay, so Saturday I slacked off and slept a LOT, resting up for the evening where we planned on going out somewhere, but didn't know where. We went to O'hanlon's Pub, and then it wasn't very good, so we checked out Habano's, but it was too lined up, so we went back to O'Hanlon's and it was much better the second time around. Drank there, left at 4am after sleeping in my car for 2 hours so I could drive my friends home. Saw Sarah there... seeing Sarah makes me want to drink lol. Thanks.

Sunday, I slacked off all day and slept off the night before (13 hour sleep), and then went to Thanksgiving dinner at my grandma's place. It was amazing. I came home and sat around all night. When flossing in the evening, a piece of my tooth came out. It was not fun. And it hurt like FUCK. Every time I breathed in, every time I drank, every time I ate. It hurt. I was in pain all day. Sleep relieved it.

Monday, from wake-up to sleep-time, I edited an organic chemistry package that I am going to be using in December. Why would I waste time now on something that I am only going to be needing to use in December? I don't know. But, a cool thing about it is that I spent about 12 hours (on and off) working on it, but it will give me about 10 days of teaching without planning for every single time I teach Chem 30. So that's cool.

Tuesday, I went to school early, but there was an accident on Sask Drive so I almost got there late. Called the dentist, and got an appointment. Ditched school to go get it fixed. Finally, no more pain. Came back, taught some more, ditched school early to get my new cell phone and meet a countertop guy, and a guy who is going to appraise my Nova so I know what it's worth (and SGI does too!)

My new phone also arrived from eBay. It is the same one that I bought from the kiosk for $700, but $200 less, and came with a bigger memory card, and lots more shit.

OKAY, now for the exciting stuff. My biggest (only?) joy right now is volleyball. My throat is killing me due to it, but I love it. We got blown out our first game, and played pretty poorly. 2nd game, we switched up a bit of the players, and it was a tight battle, back and forth, and we were down 5 points near the end of the game, but then our Captain served out the match with 7 straight serves. It was intense. They just don't start playing until they get down in points.

Third set, we went with the same 6 players that finished the 2nd set, and started off going down 6-1. We called a timeout to regroup, and by the switch (first team at 13) we were only down 13-10. Later on in the match, we are down 22-15, and feeling pretty discouraged. We make a key sub, and get a few serves in a row, and all of a sudden it's 22-19. They side out, it's 23-19, we side out, it's 23-20. Three serves in a row and it's 23-23, and we're just at an all time high. They call a time out, and we get right back out there, and finish it up in style! I was jumping around, screaming, going crazy. Best finish ever. I felt sorry for the other team, there was nothing they could do when we were on a roll like that. I am tired now, but still adreneline is flowing through me.

Watching Flip This House to relax... poor guys, people keep stealing from their job site. Power tools? No. A bathtub. Who steals a bathtub???

Anyhow... sleep

Oh yes, I'm teaching two classes now for the rest of the year. Huzzah.

Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home