Tuesday, September 26, 2006

TAKE YOUR COACHING LEVELS

There are somethings in life called "Coaching Levels" which you can take which help you to become a better coach. My advice... TAKE THEM, I do not care who you are.

Tonight, I had to not play 3 players in our very VERY tight match against Balgonie. I felt just terrible, seeing the disheartened looks on their faces, remembering back to when I played Jr. Volleyball, I was one of them. But I was ok with that! Apparently, coaching levels help you get past that stuff without feeling so badly. But... but... seeing their sad little faces on the bench, gosh and then if their parents are in the stands! What the heck is a guy to do?! I just wanted to hug them, but I can't, so I tried to explain it as best I could. Here is the recap: Set 1, "top" 6 players out there, we win about 25-23 in a very hard fought win. We won on their serve error (thank god, i say aloud when it happens), otherwise it would have been tricky. 2nd set, I change up a few players, including starting one that might not have normally started, but whose dad was in the stands. He played half the set, didn't make too many errors, but we had to pull him out. Then, we couldn't get anything going, lost about 25-20. Third set, back to mostly the same people that we started with and we were essentially tied the whole way. 14-14 at one point. Then, they had a little run, and we were down 23-19. . . they get one more. . . we finally side out. now 24-20. Guy serves an ace. 24-21. Another nice serve, they shank it, 24-22. Now, the longest rally point of my LIFE. . . . . . . . we finally win it. Holy crap 24-23. Win another point! 24-24. Then, we miss one of our hits. 25-24 them. Then they miss their serve. . . 25-25. (By this time, I'm fricking jumping up and down, yelling, the trainers are saying "excited a little?") Another long rally point, we end up missing a pass. Another long rally point, we end up hitting the ball into the net on a spike. . . 27-25 for them. Ouch, that hurt. So, not only did we not win the game, but three guys are mad (hopefully not) at me for coming to the game and not playing at all.

I now have practice in 6:20min, so I have to sleep. What a day. Tea is grand.

Mr. B

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So proud of what you are doing and how quickly you are doing it. Imagine if I had that much dedication:P Although you could learn a few pointers from me in the coaching end of things, hahaha. Keep up the good work and keep on looking good

11:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home