Sunday, January 21, 2007

Argh

There are few things I hate more in life than tossing and turning in bed. Hypocrites is one. Maybe people with poor grammar is the other... Anyway, its 4:11am, and I need to be sleeping right now, but I can't. I am stressing about the job fair on Monday. Should I wear a suit jacket, sport coat, or just a dress shirt and tie? Should I have a bit of facial hair to show my maturity? Should I print my resumé out on specialty paper, or normal? Not to mention the ultimate of questions... where should I actually apply to! Alberta is always taking lots of people, but I don't really have a desire to go there. Australia is far away and I'll be lonely, but it would be an awesome opportunity. And what of my teaching portfolio? It is very skimpy right now, and I would like it to be full of various artifacts, letters, awards, and specimens of my teaching life thus far. Will anyone even care? Should I just go for the easy, simple money of teaching in Regina Public? My tax return for 2008 would end up with me getting a refund of about $10,000, because of my tuition credits. If I were still living at home, I would be basically debt free by March 2009. If I travel, my expenses will be considerably higher and I will likely barely pay off any debts if I go to Australia. Why does economics have to play such a role in my life? Actually, I love economics. Scarcity, opportunity cost, supply and demand... ahh, such awesome concepts. Maybe I can find some in between ground, like teach for 6 months, and then travel, paying down debts slowly, and then come home and finish it off. Sorry there's no paragraphs, it's now 4:24 and I am just rambling to try to make myself tired. It's not working. I did get a big chunk of homework done today, but I would really feel good if I got farther ahead. Always. There's always more you can do in life. Why am I worried about this job fair so much when I have basically been guaranteed a job teaching in Regina Public? Should I go to my old church and ask for a reference letter so I can teach in Regina Catholic? It's where my kids will be going... Gah! I really hate refereeing floor hockey. I don't have a clue why I do this to myself. Sunday would be such a good day if it weren't for floor hockey. I don't know if I can last the rest of the season. I need to be up in 4 hours or less. That's sick.

Danny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home