Sunday, December 24, 2006

Heh... Internship ends, old life returns

Well... Dec. 22 rolls around and as quickly as it began, internship is now over. It was sad leaving the school Friday... very sad. I cleaned up my desk, and it looked so empty, and I felt so empty leaving that school. In these 4 months, I became exceedingly close with my co-op, Mr. Randy Labatte. I am happy to know that he and I will be friends for a long time. Once I cleaned off my desk, I left him a note on it that said "Looks so empty... I'll miss ya big guy!!" On the way out of the school, the Jr. Girls were practicing basketball. A few of the girls were from my very first CCH class, and I told them I was sad because I was likely not going to see them again. So, one gave me a hug and one gave me a cookie from her mom. Ah, man, what a profession!

Friday evening was likely the best night of my life. I had to miss my poker league (again) and the guy who was a few points ahead of me got 15 more points, so now I have to catch up 20 in the new year. But, to make up for it, at 2:30am when I wasn't tired, I grinded away at 1/2 and 2/4 limit on Paradise Poker, and made $200. What a great way to finish that already awesome night.

Saturday was a day filled with tournaments and shopping and cleaning. Starting with the tournaments... I was in a tournament that could have taken me to Australia for a $12,000 poker package. Alas, my QQ ran into AA. Then, I was in another tournament to do the same thing. I got JJ in my first hand. It felt like a set up, so i just called a raise. The flop was AKx, so I had to lay it down when the guy bet out huge. Then, (blinds are 10/20) first position raises to 320, another guy calls 320. The pot is almost 700 now, and I know my JJ are good this time, so I push all in. The first guy calls me with AK, and the other guy folds. I still stand by my play as being the correct play. However, when the guy flops the nut flush, it doesn't feel like it anymore.

Then, I cleaned up the entire dining room with my dad. It looks very good, and I don't feel like I'm living in filth quite so much. Next is kitchen, then living room. PS. I love Swiffer WetJet.

Once cleaning was done, I went out to find a present for my mom. I couldn't. So I am finding something on eBay and giving it to her late. She has no problem with that. Or I could just go to WalMart right now... hmmm...

When I came home, it was 8pm, so I watched the rest of the Leafs losing to Washington (nice attempt at a comeback, though), and then sat down for some hardcore poker. I "referred" my father to online poker (more like created an account for him so I could get the bonus), and then proceeded to play 5 tables at a time for 3 hours (equalled about 1600 hands of poker, if anyone is wondering). It was just nuts. You know the line, "you never count your money, while you're sitting at the table. There'll be time enough for counting when the dealing's done."? Yeah, well that's what I did because I had no time to do anything but play cards. Once I finally earned all of the $50 bonus money, I transfered all the money back to my main account, and all of a sudden it said I was at $925???? I started last night at 2:30am with $200. That means, in the span of 24 hours, by the time I finally quit playing, I had profited $700 from low limit poker (about 90% of it was 1/2 and 1/2 shorthanded). Anyone who plays poker will see just how ridiculous that is!!

Likely the best part of this day was at 4am, just after I went to bed, Dustin finally booked his Vegas trip with me. Feb. 18-21 I am officially going to be in Las Vegas, unless I am dead. I made the flight itinerary unchangable (to save $14) and I am not checking any baggage (to save $10). Ruff!! How cheap. But also, it means that plans can never change. And sometimes... THAT'S GOOD!!!

Oh yes, so my account was at exactly $1000 when I quit. I cashed out $900 and I will start this whole fun process again when I get the urge to play again. Right now, I'm poker'd out!

Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home