Friday, August 18, 2006

What I Did Today

In non-regards to internship, I faxed and delivered student loan documents to their respective recipients, faxed some credit dispute documents, paid a $50 parking ticket, bought and installed more renovation stuff, went for a quick and scalding soak in a hottub, and vacuumed and Febreezed my carpet. I feel like a lot of loose ends are getting tied up before internship begins. I also asked my best friend to play a game of cribbage with me. He declined. Ouch.

However, I managed to find time to read the entire "Learn to Teach -- A Shared Responsibility" Internship Manual. Here are the two best quotes from the book:
1) Page 8, talking about protection from liability states, "The Ace refers to 'persons' engaged by the school board for purposes of supervision of school board approved activities. The term 'persons' includes interns." NO WAY! I am a person!
2) Page 16, while discussing about how an intern should be introduced to the classroom, "Encourage interns to feel part of the class."Well that is all well and good, but I think the other part might get jealous of all the attention...

I read the entire manual front to back, before realizing that much of it was meant to be read at the actual seminar. No matter, at least now I really feel like I got the ball rolling. I'mma gonna rock that seminar. Tomorrow, I plan to purchase and read Harry Wong's book ... The Something Something Teaching. I forget, but I am sure they will know what I am talking about at Chapters!

I also just realized how expensive my internship is going to be. Notwithstanding the $2400 for tuition and fees, I will also have to buy my own lunches every day, and travel to-and-fro in the winter. I'm bound to total off my car one morning, too. Such a positive attitude :D Maybe I'll try to get my dad to pitch in more. Ooh ooh, I have two poker tournaments left this year. If I win this one on Sunday, it will be for about $30,000. If I win the one on September 4th, it will be for about $100,000. Don't worry, I will still intern this semester and finish my degree, even if I win both!

I'm lonely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home